In equal opportunities to succeed and grow.
MBE and other programs gave us our start.
As a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), we owe a debt of gratitude to the MBE program, the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program, the U.S. Small Business Administration’s 8(a) Business Development Program and others for our success. In the beginning of our development, these programs and the partnerships they enabled gave us opportunities to build our credentials and prove ourselves that we would not otherwise have had. We remain an active MBE, DBE and SBA 8(a) program participant.
We are committed to giving back.
Today, as an established design-build and construction firm in our own right, we are committed to working with and awarding subcontracts to MBEs, DBEs, Women Business Enterprises (WBEs), Veteran Business Enterprises (VBEs) and others, and serving as a mentor/protégé in the SBA program. These programs have been integral to our success. We’re proud to have the opportunity they provide us to give back.
Diversity makes our industry stronger.
At Accel, we routinely encourage others to take advantage of these important programs. We believe passionately that diversity and equality of opportunity make our industry— and our nation—stronger.
- SBA 8(a) Business Development Program Participant
- City of Chicago Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- City of Chicago Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Illinois Central Management Services (CMS) Business Enterprise Program (BEP) Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Miami-Dade County Public Schools Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) (Florida)
- Florida Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Florida Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Pennsylvania Unified Certification Program Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Hispanic American Construction Industry Association (HACIA)
- Metra’s 2019 DBE Construction Contractor Firm of the Year for our performance on Prairie Crossing Station
- Metra’s “On Track to Success” 2019 Prime Contractor of the Year
- Recognition Award from Command Mechanical Group for supporting our nation’s veterans
Selected projects that highlight our minority- and veteran-owned small business support/utilization:
- Terminal 5 expansion projects at O’Hare International Airport
- Accel has exceeded the MWBE goals set by the City of Chicago
- Accel has garnered over 51% MWBE participation